Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats!
- 1/3 c rolled oats (NOT instant or quick oats!)
- 2/3 c soy milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds*
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 banana
- mashed (slice the other half in the morning as topping)
- spoonful of peanut butter**
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, cocoa powder, mashed banana, and optional peanut butter in a bowl.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Top with sliced banana and optional peanut butter in the morning!
The chia seeds are super important cause they expand overnight and become a jelly-like or pudding-like substance and absorb all the wonderful flavors! I got mine at Top Tomato!
**I didn’t even taste the peanut butter at all (I also used PB2 so that might be why) so next time I’m going to leave it out and just put in on the top in a big spoonful! If you are allergic though, you can leave it out of sub with another type of nut butter/seed butter.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Chia Overnight Oats 2.6/5 (147 Votes)
- Skip A Meal Banana Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Creole Rice Cake 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Baked Beans 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel... 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Sour Cream Banana Protein Bread 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Banana Oat Cookies 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Date Squares 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!