(Moong Dal-Quinoa-Oats) Chilla/Cheela/Dosa/Pancakes
This is my healthy healthy breakfast recipe which is full of protein and great taste along with being quick.
It includes moong dal, quinoa and oats (I know - Sounds lil shocking) but tastes really really good and crispy.
- 1 Cup Moong Dal – Ideally soaked overnight or atleast for 4hrs.
- ½ Cup Quinoa – Ideally soaked overnight or atleast for 4hrs.
- ½ Cup Oats – I’m using plain instant oats, you may use any variety*
- 2 Large Green Chilies – Chopped Add as per taste
- 1 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
- 2-3 Tbsp Water
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil (U can use any other oil) – For making chilla/dosa/pancakes
- 2 Tsp Sambhar Powder – Optional – To sprinkle on top.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 3mins
Cooking time 6mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Grind into a thick smooth paste all the above ingredients except oil + sambhar powder. Transfer the paste into a large bowl.
Heat the nonstick pan over high flame and apply 1 tsp of oil.
Pour 1 heaping ladle of paste over the pan, swirl it using ladle to form a round shape and sprinkle some sambhar powder - Pic2 (Sambhar powder is optional)
Reduce flame, cook the chilla for 1-2min, flip side, pour ¼ tsp oil and cook the other side for 1-2min.
Increase the flame to high and cook chilla for 1min.
Cook all the chilla/dosa/pancake using step 4,5-6.
Serve Hot or Cold as per preference.
You can ladle large or small amount of dough as per your preference.
For Crispy Dosa/Pancakes - Ladle small quantity and spread the dough evenly into larger area.
For Thicker Dosa/Pancakes - Ladle large quantity and spread the dough less.
You'll also love
- Mamas seasoned potatoes 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Kale Salad: A Cooking Cousins... 4/5 (65 Votes)
- Banana Oat Cookies 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Somas with dried coconut 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Tropical Green Smoothie 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Ginger and Sweet Potato Puree 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Mac and Cheddar Cheese with... 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pasta with India spices 4/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?