Our best dal recipes - 7 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: indian butter
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make this delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate soufflé for you and two friends!
- 3 mugs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 4 eggs
- Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set your stove on a low heat setting.
- In a sauce pan, add the milk, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well over low heat.
- Once the mixture thickens to a doughy texture, remove from the heat.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir thoroughly.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two separate bowls.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Using a cube of butter in your fingers, line the mugs with a coat of butter, then top with a coat of brown sugar. Tilt and shake the mug until the sugar sticks to the butter in a consistent layer all over the inside of the cup.
- Pour the batter equally into each of the 3 cups.
- Put the cups on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Dal recipes
Lauki Chana Dal ( Bottle gourd & Lentil curry)
1) Soak washed chana dal ( bengal split gram) for 1/2 hour minimum
- 1) Split Bengal gram ( Chana dal) 1 cup
- 2)Medium sized bottle gourd ( lauki )- Washed peeled and cubed to small pieces
- 3)Oil - 2 tbsp
- 4)Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- 5)1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 6)Turmeric powder
- 7)Red cilly powder - 1 tsp
- 8)Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- 9)Asfoetida - A pinch
- 10)2 Green chillies finely chpped( optional)
Why fat should be your friend
By Déborah Deprez
Butter, oil and other fats can actually help you lose weight and stay healthy!
(Moong Dal-Quinoa-Oats) Chilla/Cheela/Dosa/Pancakes
By EasyCookin, Easy Cooking with Molly
This is my healthy healthy breakfast recipe which is full of protein and great taste along with being quick
- 1 Cup Moong Dal – Ideally soaked overnight or atleast for 4hrs.
- ½ Cup Quinoa – Ideally soaked overnight or atleast for 4hrs.
- ½ Cup Oats – I’m using plain instant oats
- you may use any variety*
- 2 Large Green Chilies – Chopped Add as per taste
- 1 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
- 2-3 Tbsp Water
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil (U can use any other oil) – For making chilla/dosa/pancakes
- 2 Tsp Sambhar Powder – Optional – To sprinkle on top.
10 delightful dessert recipes that prove you don't need butter!
Save yourself a few calories with these 10 recipes that don't need butter!
Urad Dal Rice
By Tanyadesigan, Easy and Simple Foods
Urad Dal / Ulunthu is one of the common dish in south india
- Ponni Rice- 1 cup
- Splited black urad dal - 1/2 cup
- venthayam - 1/8 tea spoon (or just 5 or 6 of it.)
- cumin / jeera - 1 tea spoon
- garlic - 2 gloves (cut into pieces)
- salt - as per taste
Boli (chana dal boli)
Dry roast Chana dal and soak in water for 1 hour
- Chana dal 1 cup
- Jaggery 3/4 cup
- Coconut grated 1/4 cup
- Elachi 1/2 spoon
- Ghee 1 tablespoon
- Maida 2 cups
- Kesari powder to add colour
- Salt 1 pinch
- Oil 2 tablespoon
50 Chocolate Hacks Everyone Should Know
Here are 50 creative ways to get more chocolate in your life...as if you needed another excuse!
Urad Dal Vadai
By Tanyadesigan, Easy and Simple Foods
A traditional south Indian snack, which takes place in all the festivals and functions
- Urad dal - 1 cup
- Pepper - 1 tea spoon
- Jeera - 2 tea spoons
- salt - to taste
- curry leaves- a few
add turmeric and salt. cook dal with tomato To make tadka, heat oil, Add cummin seeds, finely chopped ginger and ...
- Split red gram 120 gms
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric a pinch
- Tomato 1
- Coriander Leaves few
- Cummin seeds 5 gms
- Ginger 10 gms
- Garlic 10 gms
- Green chillies 2nos.
- Onion 50 gms
- Chilly powder 5 gms
Mixed dal (lentils)
Pressure cook all dals together
- Tuar dal- 1/8 cup
- Moong dal- 1/8 cup
- Urad dal- 1/8 cup
- Masoor dal- 1/8 cup
- Chana dal- 1/8 cup
- Onion- 1/2
- Thin sliced green chilli- 2
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp.
- Cocum- 1/2 inch ball
- Jaggery - 1 tsp
- For sauteeing:
- Mustard seeds
- To Garnish:
- Coriander leaves