Urad Dal Vadai
A traditional south Indian snack, which takes place in all the festivals and functions
- Urad dal - 1 cup
- Pepper - 1 tea spoon
- Jeera - 2 tea spoons
- salt - to taste
- curry leaves- a few
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
1. Soak Urad dal in sufficient amount of water for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Then Grind them in a grinder for about 30 mins by spraying water in it whenever required.
3. add required salt and mix well.
4. Keep aside or 6 to 8 hours or over night. (Do not refrigerate)
5. Morning just add pepper, jeera and curry leaves to it.
6. Heat sufficient amount of oil in kadai.
7. Take a small amount of mix, shape it to round with a hole in the middle and deep fry in heated oil until they turn golden brown.
8.drain in tissue papper
9. Repeat the steps for remaining vadai mix.
If you like to addchopped Onion, green chili, and ginger for more flavor.
Step 4 is not mandatory to do. you can make the vadai once after making the batter too.
You'll also love
- Cookies 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- pigs and blanket with cheese 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Potato kulambhu 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Ian's Curried Honey Chicken 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Spicy Tuna and Lentil Salad 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Grilled pork tenderloin with... 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- DAL 2.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Mixed dal (lentils) 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.