- Potato - 1 small cubed
- Red chillies -4
- Urad dal - 1/8 cup
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 spoon
- coconut -1/8 cup
- Tamarind - 1 inch ball
- Tuar dal(1/4 cup)
- Far sauteeing:
- Mustard seeds
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Pressure cook tuar dal
Dry roast ural dal and fenugreek seeds and grind it with coconut into a fine paste.
Soak tamarind in water for 10 min. and take extract.
In a pan add oil, saute mustard and add potato and water.
After potato cooks add tamarind water and salt.
Add the ground paste and boil.
Finally add dal.
You'll also love
- Homemade style chicken curry 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Goan Chick'n Curry 3.1/5 (58 Votes)
- Instant Savory Mashed Potatoes 2.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Chicken- Smoked 2.4/5 (11 Votes)
- PARATHA 2.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Yogurt and Fruit 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Cashew coconut chutney 2.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Ian's Curried Honey Chicken 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!