- 1kg chicken fillet cut into bute-sized cubes. Wash and drain.
- Make a marinade with the ffg:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1tsp garlic
- 1T red masala
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1T tikka masala
- 1tsp (heaped) chicken spice
- 1T lemon juice
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Thread onto skewers and set aside. When ready to cook, heat 2T butter in a pot and add the skewers. Turn, close the pot and allow to steam over a medium heat till chicken is just cooked
Now add 2T of the topping masala and coat well.
2T tikka masala
1tsp ginger garlic
1tsp dhana jeeroo
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 whole green chilli
Braise well until aroma arises and oil separates to the top.
The leftover mixture can be frozen.
The chicken can be served like this or grill over a braai or smoke it like I did.
Take 3 pieces of charcoal and pop them into a saucepan or old enamel mug. Place over a high heat and allow the coals to glow. Once the coal is smoking place the mug in your pot and close the lid. Leave for about 5 to 7 minutes to infuse.
Or u can place the coals on a foil in a wok and heat. Place the steamer over the coals and pop the chicken over the steamer. (It looks like a wire cooling rack). Close and allow to smoke. Have your wok on high.
Serve with pita bread, raaitha, the leftover sauce from the pot, chips and shredded lettuce
Chicken pieces can also be substituted, no need to skewer them.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.