How to make samosas
- 10 sheets filo dough
- 8 individual portions of cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
The filo dough
Unwrap the sheet of filo dough.
Fold the sheet in half.
Cut the sheet down the middle to create two halves.
Fold the rounded edge in towards the straight edge.
For the filling: in a pan, heat the butter and the salt. Add the eggs and scramble.
In a bowl, add the scrambled eggs and the cream cheese. Mix well using a fork until the two ingredients are blended.
Add a spoon of filling to the edge of the dough, as shown above.
Fold the dough over the filling.
Keep folding in the shape of a triangle.
Keep going until you've run out of dough.
Seal the edge of the samosa using a bit of beaten egg white.
In a pan, add about 1 inch of vegetable oil. Heat well and fry the samosas until golden.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!