Somas with dried coconut
Rate this recipe 4/5 (18 Votes)
- All-purpose flour 1 cup
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Sugar ½ cup
- Dried Coconut, grated ½ cup
- Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
- Water ¼ cup
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all-purpose flour, salt, oil and water to make a stiff dough.
Rest the dough for at least 1 hour.
Mix sugar, grated coconut and cardamom powder for stuffing.
Knead the dough and divide into small roundels
Roll out the roundels and place 1 tbsp of stuffing at the center.
Grease rim of the round sheet with water and fold it into half.
Deep fry in hot oil in medium flame until it becomes golden brown. Flip in between.
You'll also love
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Quick & Easy Apple Pie 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Jelly Worms! 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pasta with India spices 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Vegetarian Aloo Keema 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Crab Lettuce Wraps with... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Savories- Cheese and Onion... 2.9/5 (235 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
SOLVED: How to crack open a coconut
Coconuts make us dream of the summer, the sun and the sea. With our video we show you the easiest way to crack open a coconut, and before you know it you'll be whisked away to white sand beaches!
Review this recipe