Chicken biryani south Indian style
- Basmati rice 1 cup
- Oil 4 tbsp.
- Butter 2 tbsp.
- Bay leaf 1
- Cinnamon 1 inch
- Cloves 2
- Cardamom 2
- Fennel seeds 1 tbsp.
- Star anise 1
- Onions 2
- Tomato 1
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp.
- Green chili 2
- Cilantro ¼ cup
- Mint ¼ cup
- Chicken ½ kg
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp.
- Coriander powder ½ tbsp.
- Cumin powder ½ tbsp.
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp (adjust as per your taste)
- Curd 1 tbsp.
- Water 2 cups
- Lime juice 1 tbsp.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Soak basmati rice for 45 min
In a pan add oil and butter.
Once the oil is hot, add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, fennel seeds and cardamom.
Add sliced onions and sauté until onion turns translucent.
Add chopped tomato and sauté.
Add slit green chili, ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell goes off.
Add cilantro and mint.
Add chicken and sauté.
Add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric and salt.
Add curd and mix it. Add water and close lid.
Once the water to boil add the soaked rice.
Once the water is all absorbed, simmer the stove and close with lid.
Open the pan after 10 minutes, check in between to make sure it’s not stuck to the bottom.
Turn off the stove. Add lime juice and mix it gently.
Serve with raita or gravy.
You'll also love
- Homemade style chicken curry 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Indian Sloppy Joes 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Biryani 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Pepper Chicken Masala 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken Biriyani 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Chicken Briyani with Yogurt Raita 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Umami salad! 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- My Family's First Cook Book 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.