Indian Rice Pudding
By Pankaj du blog Cuisine végétarienne et recettes indiennes
Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- - 2 cups of milk
- - 1/2 cup of rice
- - 2 1/4 sugar
- - 3 teaspoons of almond powder
- - 3 teaspoons coconut powder
- - Few strands of saffron soaked in water
- - 1 teaspoons powdered cardamom
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Boil the milk.
Add previously rinsed rice. Stir in the rice so it does not stick to the bottom.
Add coconut, stir and leave until the rice is cooked about 15 minutes.
Add the ground almonds, sugar, saffron, water and cardamom. Mix.
Add a little milk if the mixture is too thick and cook 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Indian Sloppy Joes 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Chicken biryani south Indian style 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Vazhaikkai Puttu 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Sirnee 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Rich Dundee Cake 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Banana Bread with Maraschino... 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Green Papaya Salad 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry tarts 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rice Pudding and Dulce de Leche Mason Jars
What happens when you layer rice pudding and dulce de leche in mason jars? Sweet, sweet magic!
- 1 Cup of rice
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 7 Cloves
- 4 Cups of milk
- 1 Cup of sweetened condensed milk
- Dulce de leche
- In a saucepan, combine the rice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and milk, and simmer.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, stir, and simmer for a few more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mason jar, layer the rice pudding and dulce de leche, and top with a sprinkling of powdered cinnamon.
Review this recipe