Green Papaya Salad
By Babali du blog Couleur Kémia
- 1 green papaya,
- 6 cherry tomatoes,
- 2 tablespoons of Nam Pla (fish sauce)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice,
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar,
- 1 handful of unsalted roasted peanuts,
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- small peppers coarsely chopped (depending on your taste)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Peel the papaya. The cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds with a teaspoon. The rinse with water, and wipe off.
Grate the papaya like a carrot.
Pound garlic and peppers with a mortar until you have the consistency of a paste. Add shredded papaya and continue to pound with the mortar for a few minutes.
Season with sugar, fish sauce and lime juice.
Cut tomatoes in half and stir into salad.
Before serving, add crushed peanuts. Mix well and serve chilled.
You'll also love
- Umami salad! 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Melting Moments 3.6/5 (48 Votes)
- Side- Tomato & Avocado Salsa 3.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Mango Cabbage Salad 3.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Dad's Peanut Butter Fudge 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Kale and Quinoa Salad 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Spring Vegetable tartar 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Warm Spinach Salad 4/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.