Pineapple Couscous Salad with Seared Ahi
If you’re looking for an easy, colorful, nutritious and really, quite impressive summer recipe this week, this seared ahi recipe is your ticket! The couscous salad comes together in a matter of minutes and the ahi cooks up quickly as well. You would never know it was so easy!
Seared ahi on a bed of pineapple couscous...light, colorful and nutritious! Discover our recipe.
- 12 oz Ahi
- 1 box Seasoned Couscous
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 2 cups Diced Pineapple
- 4 T Sesame Seeds
- 2 T Soy Sauce
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Pineapple Couscous Salad Directions:
Prepare the couscous according to the package directions. Consider shorting the water a tiny bit, as the pineapple will add additional moisture.
Pat the pineapple dry, this will keep the couscous from getting too gummy and add to prepared couscous with green peppers
Seared Ahi Directions:
Let the Ahi steaks sit in the soy sauce several minutes
Add sesame seeds to a shallow dish and dip the steaks in to cover completely
Grill the Ahi over open flame grill for 1 min on each side then sear the edges for 10 seconds each. Ideally, the outside ¼ inch turns opaque while the center remains bright pink
Slice the Ahi with the grain of the flesh and place on top of the couscous salad
You'll also love
- Crispy tuna patties 4.2/5 (90 Votes)
- Tropical fruit salad 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Kale Salad: A Cooking Cousins... 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Watermelon Ball 3.9/5 (78 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Cheesy Bacon Broccoli Salad with... 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Squash And Kale Salad 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn A refreshing recipe for TUNA TATAKI 4.1/5 (40 Votes)
- Polynesian Meatballs 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.