Warm Spinach Salad
This is a warm salad that has marinated red onions and strawberries.
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 12 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar, divided
- 1 tbsp sugar plus 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 bag spinach, chopped
- 1 cup almond slices
- Vegan simulated bacon bits
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Saute red onions in 1/4 cup vinegar and 1 tbsp sugar until onions soak up most of the red wine vinegar.
Combine remaining vinegar, sugar, and Dijon mustard. Warm dressing.
Toss spinach, strawberries, and green onions in dressing. Add red onion.
Top salad with bacon bits and almonds to serve.
You'll also love
- Meatless grape leaves stuffed with... 4/5 (11 Votes)
- CORN CHOWDER 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato Soup with Gin 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Classic Potato Salad with Paprika 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cottage Cheese Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Pineapple Couscous Salad with... 3.9/5 (98 Votes)
- Beth's cream cheese dip 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake 4/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!