Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake
- 1 box lemon cake mix (and required ingredients)
- 1 small box strawberry flavored Jell-O
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 container Cool Whip Frosting (vanilla flavored)
- for topping (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. Prepare the cake mix according to the box directions.
2. Bake in a 9 x 13-inch pan and allow to cool completely.
3. Using a wooden skewer, poke holes all over cake, making sure to reach the skewer all the way to the bottom of the pan.
4. Prepare the Jell-O using the 1 cup of water (bring that cup to a boil) and 1 cup of lemonade.
5. Pour the Jell-O all over the cake, allowing it to seep into the cake through the holes.
6. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Frost with Cool Whip frosting and top with sliced strawberries, if desired.
You'll also love
- Grandma's Butter Cookies 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Strawberry and Mascarpone Tart 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Apple McIntosh Cake 3.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Homemade Sara Lee Coffee Cake With... 3.9/5 (31 Votes)
- Not Grandmoms Strawberry Shortcake 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Classic Cherry Blackberry Pie 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Hint of Lemon Banana Bread 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Bakalolo (spoken not spelt) 3.7/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!