Our favorite poke recipe recipes - 10 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: hawaiian
Chef Tips and Tricks
If you can get your hands on them, fresh almonds are delicious. That said, they can be quite tricky to peel. In this video we show you how to remove almond skins in just 5 easy steps!
Top rated Poke recipe recipes
Gelatin Poke Cake
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- 1 Pkg. White Cake Mix
- 1 Pkg. Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup oil
- 1 PKG JELL-O (your choice of flavor)
All About Avocado
Everything you ever needed to know about avocados, explained by Gourmandize!
Coconut Poke Cake
make white cake mix according to package directions
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut
How do pineapples and 8 other fruits grow?
Guys get ready to have your world turned UPSIDE DOWN!!
Lemon Pudding Poke Cake
1. Prepare cake mix as directed on box and pour into a 9×13-inch Pyrex dish
- One box yellow cake mix (prepared as directed on box)
- 2 boxes lemon pudding (prepared as directed on box)
- 1 container whipped topping (Cool Whip)
Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake
1. Prepare the cake mix according to the box directions
- 1 box lemon cake mix (and required ingredients)
- 1 small box strawberry flavored Jell-O
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemonade, prepared
- 1 container Cool Whip Frosting (vanilla flavored)
- Strawberries, sliced, for topping (optional)
Tropical Tastes: 10 exotic dishes you can make with canned pineapple
Say hello to your next mental vacation with these exotic (canned) pineapple recipes!
Bakalolo (spoken not spelt)
This is a recipe passed down through my family and is a favorite
- - 2-3 medium cassava roots (shredded)
- - 1 cup sugar depending on sweetness desired
- - 1/2 cup sweet coconut
- - Large Banana leaves (enough to wrap all filling)
- - Raisins, nuts (optional)
Triple Orange Poke Cake
1. Prepare cake mix according to directions the box
- 1 box orange flavored cake mix
- 1 (4-ounce) package of orange flavored gelatin
- For the Orange Buttercream:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon orange paste food coloring
Coconut Cream Poke Cake
- Coconut Cream Pie Bars
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. water
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- sweetened coconut, toasted
- Mexico Avocados Make Dessert More Delicious
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees
- Combine crust ingredients and spread into a 9x13 baking dish
- (note: for more detailed directions on making this crust, click HERE)
- Poke dough all over with a fork.
- This keeps the dough from puffing up too much while baking.
- Bake at 400F degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
- Crust should be a light golden brown and not "doughy".
- Let the crust cool.
- Then prepare the filling.
- In a bowl, whisk together half and half and egg yolks.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Then slowly stir in half and half mixture while continuing to whisk.
- Bring heat up to high and continue to whisk. Do not leave your pot.
- Pudding is so easy to make but the minute you walk away, it can thicken up on ya and you have a globby mess. So just hang in there and keep whisking while the mixture comes up to a boil. After a few minutes you will notice it has thickened. Take the saucepan off the heat and stir in 3 tbsp. butter, 1 cup coconut and coconut extract. Stir well.
- Then spread pudding mixture over crust. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Then cover with plastic wrap. And pop it in your fridge to cool for about an hour.
- Now, for the whipped cream, you will need to use the whisk attachment on your stand mixer (or a bowl and a whisk if doing it by hand). Pour 2 cups heavy whipping cream and turn mixer on to medium-high. Slowly add in sugar and then vanilla. Mix until whipped cream forms soft peaks. Then spread whipped cream over coconut pudding layer.
- Now for the toasted coconut topping (if you prefer it toasted).
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Put about a cup of coconut on a baking pan. Place it in the oven and bake for about 5-10 minutes. Stir every couple of minutes and don't walk away from oven because it has a tendency to burn the second you walk away. Let toasted coconut cool.
- Sprinkle bars with toasted coconut then slice
Pumpkin Poke Cake
NOTE: MAKE ACCORDING TO POSTED INSTRUCTIONS
- •1 box yellow cake mix
- •1 – 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (pumpkin puree is just canned pumpkin that is NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- •1 – 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (fat free or light is ok)
- •1 – 8 oz. tub cool whip (lite is ok)
- •½ bag Heath Bits
- •Caramel Sundae Sauce
Banana Pudding Poke Cake
Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9x13 cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake (eggs, oil & water)
- 2 (3.4 oz.) packages instant banana pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 20 vanilla wafers, crushed
Orange Poke Cake
Mix the cake mix according to the back of the box, but substitute orange juice in place of the water called for
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 large box of Orange Jell-o (6 oz.)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (3.4) (I used Jell-o)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 container Cool Whip (8 oz.)