Our favorite poke recipe recipes - 10 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: hawaiian
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Ground meat
- Coriander, chopped
- Onions, minced
- Ground Pepper
- Cheddar (cube and slice)
- Canola Oil
Chop coriander and mince onions
Mix the meat, coriander, onions, pepper and salt in a large bowl
With your hands, shape the meat into a large ball
On a clean surface, flatten the ball and place a cube of cheddar on top
Cover the cheese with the edges of the meat, creating a ball again
Place in a pan and let one side simmer in canola oil
Flip the patty and place a slice of cheddar on top
Place the lid on the pan and let cook to desired texture
Put the patty in a bun with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Top rated Poke recipe recipes
Gelatin Poke Cake
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- 1 Pkg. White Cake Mix
- 1 Pkg. Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup oil
- 1 PKG JELL-O (your choice of flavor)
All About Avocado
Everything you ever needed to know about avocados, explained by Gourmandize!
Coconut Poke Cake
make white cake mix according to package directions
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut
How do pineapples and 8 other fruits grow?
Guys get ready to have your world turned UPSIDE DOWN!!
Lemon Pudding Poke Cake
1. Prepare cake mix as directed on box and pour into a 9×13-inch Pyrex dish
- One box yellow cake mix (prepared as directed on box)
- 2 boxes lemon pudding (prepared as directed on box)
- 1 container whipped topping (Cool Whip)
Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake
1. Prepare the cake mix according to the box directions
- 1 box lemon cake mix (and required ingredients)
- 1 small box strawberry flavored Jell-O
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemonade, prepared
- 1 container Cool Whip Frosting (vanilla flavored)
- Strawberries, sliced, for topping (optional)
Tropical Tastes: 10 exotic dishes you can make with canned pineapple
Say hello to your next mental vacation with these exotic (canned) pineapple recipes!
Bakalolo (spoken not spelt)
This is a recipe passed down through my family and is a favorite
- - 2-3 medium cassava roots (shredded)
- - 1 cup sugar depending on sweetness desired
- - 1/2 cup sweet coconut
- - Large Banana leaves (enough to wrap all filling)
- - Raisins, nuts (optional)
Triple Orange Poke Cake
1. Prepare cake mix according to directions the box
- 1 box orange flavored cake mix
- 1 (4-ounce) package of orange flavored gelatin
- For the Orange Buttercream:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon orange paste food coloring
Coconut Cream Poke Cake
- Coconut Cream Pie Bars
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. water
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- sweetened coconut, toasted
- Mexico Avocados Make Dessert More Delicious
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees
- Combine crust ingredients and spread into a 9x13 baking dish
- (note: for more detailed directions on making this crust, click HERE)
- Poke dough all over with a fork.
- This keeps the dough from puffing up too much while baking.
- Bake at 400F degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
- Crust should be a light golden brown and not "doughy".
- Let the crust cool.
- Then prepare the filling.
- In a bowl, whisk together half and half and egg yolks.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Then slowly stir in half and half mixture while continuing to whisk.
- Bring heat up to high and continue to whisk. Do not leave your pot.
- Pudding is so easy to make but the minute you walk away, it can thicken up on ya and you have a globby mess. So just hang in there and keep whisking while the mixture comes up to a boil. After a few minutes you will notice it has thickened. Take the saucepan off the heat and stir in 3 tbsp. butter, 1 cup coconut and coconut extract. Stir well.
- Then spread pudding mixture over crust. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Then cover with plastic wrap. And pop it in your fridge to cool for about an hour.
- Now, for the whipped cream, you will need to use the whisk attachment on your stand mixer (or a bowl and a whisk if doing it by hand). Pour 2 cups heavy whipping cream and turn mixer on to medium-high. Slowly add in sugar and then vanilla. Mix until whipped cream forms soft peaks. Then spread whipped cream over coconut pudding layer.
- Now for the toasted coconut topping (if you prefer it toasted).
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Put about a cup of coconut on a baking pan. Place it in the oven and bake for about 5-10 minutes. Stir every couple of minutes and don't walk away from oven because it has a tendency to burn the second you walk away. Let toasted coconut cool.
- Sprinkle bars with toasted coconut then slice
Pumpkin Poke Cake
NOTE: MAKE ACCORDING TO POSTED INSTRUCTIONS
- •1 box yellow cake mix
- •1 – 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (pumpkin puree is just canned pumpkin that is NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- •1 – 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (fat free or light is ok)
- •1 – 8 oz. tub cool whip (lite is ok)
- •½ bag Heath Bits
- •Caramel Sundae Sauce
Banana Pudding Poke Cake
Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9x13 cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake (eggs, oil & water)
- 2 (3.4 oz.) packages instant banana pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 20 vanilla wafers, crushed
Orange Poke Cake
Mix the cake mix according to the back of the box, but substitute orange juice in place of the water called for
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 large box of Orange Jell-o (6 oz.)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (3.4) (I used Jell-o)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 container Cool Whip (8 oz.)