Shortcake strawberry goo
Easy to make summer dessert!
- strawberry pie glaze
- shortcake, mashed
- cool whip
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
cut fruit up
mix with pie glaze and shortcake
chill for for at least 2 hours, cover in cool whip & serve
You'll also love
- Vanilla Pear Compote 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Milk khoya: (paal ghova) 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Fruit Gazpacho with Jam and Fresh... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Strawberry Tarts 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Citrus Crush 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Classic Cherry Blackberry Pie 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Banana split 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Raspberry Ricotta Cheesecake 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!