By Sabine - "Blog "Le plaisir de Gourmandise"
- Pastry with almonds
- Proportions are for a pie about 24 cm in diameter
- - 1 1/4 cup flour
- - 1 cup almonds
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- - 1 egg
- - 1 pinch salt
- - 1 1/3 stick cold butter into pieces
- quantities to allow 4-6 tarts depending on the amount of cream you put in each!
- - 1 2/3 cup milk
- - 4 egg yolks
- - 1/3 c sugar
- - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- - 2 sp vanilla sugar
- - 8 tsp cornstarch
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
For 2 tarts I used about 3 ounces of strawberries
Almond Pastry - In a bowl, combine flour, ground almonds, sugar, salt and vanilla sugar. Mix the egg and add to the mixture. Add the butter cut into pieces and knead quickly (use the dough hook of a mixer if you have one) to obtain a smooth mixture and continue to form a smooth ball.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours. After 2 hours spread out the dough (be careful it is relatively brittle) and make a crust in the small tart pans.
The pastry cream: Boil the milk, and meanwhile, beat the egg yolks and sugar. Add the cornstarch and mix well then add the boiling milk over the mixture and mix well then put on low heat until thickened. Let cool before using.
Just before serving, garnish the tart shells with pastry cream and top with small strawberries.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Tarts 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Sex In A Pan 3.9/5 (128 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Cheese and Walnuts 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Rustic Pie with Beets, Apples and... 3.8/5 (219 Votes)
- sunny fruit 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Warm Spinach Salad 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Butter Tart Filling 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Beth's cream cheese dip 4/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!