By Nancy Miners
mixed fruit brightly colored
- mix orange apple and starfruit in a blender that has been peeled and cubed. Mix till pureed. Put in a pot and bring to a low boil. Add enough cornstarch mixed with a small amount of water to desired thickness and remove from heat. Add 3 drops yellow all veggie food coloring. Store in fridge or can be put in freezer.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
put fruit in pot and bring to a low boil
mix cornstarch with small amount of water and add to desired thickness
remove from heat and add three drops of veggie food coloring in yellow. let sit 5 minutes
can be stored in fridge or freezer
amount of cornstarch is as desired to how thick you want the fruit
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!