Fruit Crisp Topping
This is the same topping you put on Cherry or Apple Crisp. It can be used to put onto any fruit or pie filling.
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. rolled quick oats
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 t. cinnamon
- 3/4 t. nutmeg
- 1/3 c. butter or margarine
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 8mins
Cost Average budget
Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles very coarse crumbs. It is now ready to sprinkle over your prepared fruit, and bake until lightly browned to make any Fruit Crisp.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!