This classic French Tomato Tart is easy to make, and perfect for sharing!
- 1 prepared tart dough
- 2-3 tomatoes, depending on size
- hot or grainy mustard
- grated cheese
- olive oil
- dried parsley and garlic
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Roll out the tart dough. Poke holes all over with a fork.
Spread a couple of tablespoons of mustard on the dough, making sure it's evenly coated.
Sprinkle the tart with grated cheese.
Slice the tomatoes thinly. Take out the seeds. Arrange the tomatoes as prettily as you possibly can.
Season the tomatoes with some salt, a sprinkling of spices and a good glug of olive oil.
Bake at 180C for about 40-50 minutes. (Check the color of the tart to know when it's done)
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!