Our best French appetizers - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Top rated French appetizers recipes
By Gitanjali Roche
This classic French Tomato Tart is easy to make, and perfect for sharing!
- 1 prepared tart dough
- 2-3 tomatoes, depending on size
- hot or grainy mustard
- grated cheese
- olive oil
- dried parsley and garlic
All About Foie Gras
learn all about foie gras from its history to our favorite recipes
Red Fruit Tartlets
An authentic french pastry; brings together multiple patisserie fundaments in a single simple dessert
- Pastry dough:
- 120 g of softened butter
- 80 g of powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 25 g of almond powder
- 1 egg (entire)
- 200 g of flour
- a pinch of salt
- Pastry cream (~500 g):
- 1 vanilla pod
- 35 cL of whole milk
- 1 egg
- 65 g of sugar
- 40 g of maïzena
- 35 g of butter
- Raspberry coulis:
- 100 g of raspberries
- (fresh or frozen)
- juice of half a lemon
- 60 g of sugar
- a big pinch of pectin
- 400g of in-season red fruits
- (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- a little bit of powdered sugar
- verbana leafs
The only way to make the perfect Madeleine
By Pascale Weeks
Get the FUN and EASY recipe -->HERE<--
French Bread Pizza
Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees
- 2 loaves of French Bread
- 1 jar of pizza sauce (if you like more sauce, you may want 2 jars)
- Any toppings: Pepperoni, green peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Banana Peppers etc
- 2 C Mozzarella Cheese shredded
Place roast and contents of cans into crockpot and cook low for 8 hours or high 4 hours until roast is done
- 1 beef roast
- 1 can each: beef consume
- beef broth
- French onion soup
- onion, sliced
- mushrooms, sliced
- green pepper, sliced
- swiss cheese
- French bread
Gougères: how to make classic, airy French cheese puffs
By Chef Christophe
Take a cue from this STEP-by-STEP recipe for Gougères HERE!!!
This is the French equivalent of the classic grilled cheese sandwich!
- 2 slices of white or wholegrain bread
- 1 tbsp béchamel sauce
- 2 slice of ham
- 2 slice of swiss cheese or cheddar
French Onion Soup
Place onions, garlic, and butter into your slow cooker
- 4-6 Onions (About 8 Cups), Sliced Thinly
- 5 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Tbsp. Light Butter
- 6 C. Reduced Sodium Beef Broth
- 1/2 C. Guinness Draught Beer
- 1 Tbsp. Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp. Dried Rosemary
- 1/4 Tsp. Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 6 Slices French Bread (1 Oz. Each)
- 6 Oz. Irish Cheddar, Sliced (I used Kerrygold, Aged)