How to make French onion soup in a slow cooker - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: French Strawberry Mille Feuille
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated French onion soup in a slow cooker recipes
French Onion Soup
Place onions, garlic, and butter into your slow cooker
- 4-6 Onions (About 8 Cups), Sliced Thinly
- 5 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Tbsp. Light Butter
- 6 C. Reduced Sodium Beef Broth
- 1/2 C. Guinness Draught Beer
- 1 Tbsp. Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp. Dried Rosemary
- 1/4 Tsp. Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 6 Slices French Bread (1 Oz. Each)
- 6 Oz. Irish Cheddar, Sliced (I used Kerrygold, Aged)
Slow-Cooker French Onion Soup
Combine first 4 ingredients in slow cooker; cover with lid
- 2 lb yellow onions separated into rings
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 bottle non-alcoholic beer
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 20 french bread slices toasted
- 1-1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese