How to make French onion soup in a slow cooker - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Mini Lemon Cheesecake
Try this super simple one-serving lemon cheesecake to satisfy your dessert cravings!
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 lemons
- Ginger cookies (such as Speculoos) or graham crackers
- Place cream cheese (e.g. Philadelphia) in a mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Beat ingredients together.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice of one half into the mixture.
- Mix well.
- Cut the top and bottom off of a lemon and hollow.
- Fill the hollowed-out lemon with the whipped mixture.
- Crush ginger cookies and sprinkle the crumbles on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated French onion soup in a slow cooker recipes
French Onion Soup
Place onions, garlic, and butter into your slow cooker
- 4-6 Onions (About 8 Cups), Sliced Thinly
- 5 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Tbsp. Light Butter
- 6 C. Reduced Sodium Beef Broth
- 1/2 C. Guinness Draught Beer
- 1 Tbsp. Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp. Dried Rosemary
- 1/4 Tsp. Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 6 Slices French Bread (1 Oz. Each)
- 6 Oz. Irish Cheddar, Sliced (I used Kerrygold, Aged)
Slow-Cooker French Onion Soup
Combine first 4 ingredients in slow cooker; cover with lid
- 2 lb yellow onions separated into rings
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 bottle non-alcoholic beer
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 20 french bread slices toasted
- 1-1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese