How to make French onion soup in a slow cooker - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Chocolaty Pear Loaf
- 150g / 3/4 cup sugar
- 150g / 2/3 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh yeast
- 180g / 1 1/2 cups flour
- 190g / 1 1/2 cups chocolate, melted
- 4 pears
- Combine sugar, butter and eggs in bowl. Mix well.
- Add fresh yeast and flour and mix through.
- Pour in melted chocolate and fold into mixture.
- Peel 4 pears (or as many comfortably fit in your baking pan)
- Pour chocolate mixture into lined or greased baking loaf pan.
- Evenly space the pears in the pan, sitting upright.
- Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with more melted chocolate, and serve.
Psssst... check out all our chocolate covered recipes, here!
Top rated French onion soup in a slow cooker recipes
French Onion Soup
Place onions, garlic, and butter into your slow cooker
- 4-6 Onions (About 8 Cups)
- Sliced Thinly
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Light Butter
- 6 C. Reduced Sodium Beef Broth
- 1/2 C. Guinness Draught Beer
- 1 Tbsp. Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp. Dried Rosemary
- 1/4 Tsp. Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 6 Slices French Bread (1 Oz. Each)
- 6 Oz. Irish Cheddar
- Sliced (I used Kerrygold
Slow-Cooker French Onion Soup
Combine first 4 ingredients in slow cooker; cover with lid
- 2 lb yellow onions separated into rings
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 bottle non-alcoholic beer
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 20 french bread slices toasted
- 1-1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese