Slow-Cooker French Onion Soup
- 2 lb yellow onions separated into rings
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 bottle non-alcoholic beer
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 20 french bread slices toasted
- 1-1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine first 4 ingredients in slow cooker; cover with lid. Cook on HIGH 1 hour, stirring after 30 min.
Reduce heat to LOW. Add broth, water, beer and thyme to onions in slow cooker; stir. Cook, covered, 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 4 hours).
Heat broiler. Ladle soup into 10 ovenproof bowls; top with toast slices and cheese. Broil, 6 inches from heat, 3 to 5 min. or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
You'll also love
- PORK WITH ONION GRAVY 4.3/5 (7 Votes)