Avize Onion soup
By Lise Bésème-Pia
Avize Onion soup. Discover our recipe.
- - 6 beautiful onions, finely chopped
- - 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- - 3 cups hot chicken stock (or bouillon cube)
- - 2/3 bottle of brut Champagne
- - 3 egg yolks
- - 1 tablespoon cream
- - Salt
- - Freshly ground pepper
- - Small croutons of stale toast
- - From grated Gruyere.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Sauté gently in butter and chopped onions.
Add the hot broth, salt and pepper, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add champagne, fine then yolks mixed with cream.
Allow another 10 minutes on the stove and pour into a serving dish.
Arrange croutons on top of the soup, sprinkle with grated cheese.