FRENCH ONION SOUP
As a child I used to beg my mom to make this soup for me.
- 2 sweet onion
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 pkg English muffins
- 1 pkg sliced provolone
- 1 sm pkg asiago cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Caramelize onion and garlic in margarine.
Add ingredients to English muffins. Boil 30 minutes.
In oven safe bowls, place toasted muffin and cheese. Broil 2 minutes until melted and browned.
Serve soup over cheesy English muffins.
For a different flavor add caramelized mushrooms or blue cheese. Instead of vegetable broth use mushroom or onion broth.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!