10 recipes that will make you fall in love with asparagus
If you're not a huge asparagus fan, then these recipes are for you! Highlighting the absolute best flavor that this luscious spring vegetable has to offer, these 10 recipes will make you totally fall in love with asparagus. Rest assured, it will be love at first sight when you try our asparagus and arugula pizza and 9 other delicious ideas!
Asparagus and arugula pizza
This pizza is the perfect recipe for spring. For an easy weeknight dinner, use readymade pizza dough or make your own from scratch if you have the time!
Start by rolling out your dough on a baking sheet covered with wax paper. Add a few spoons of tomato sauce, several cherry tomatoes cut in half and about 10 stalks of green asparagus. Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until the asparagus is soft when poked with a knife. Once you take the pizza out of the oven, sprinkle with garlic powder, Parmesan flakes and a large handful of fresh arugula leaves. Add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and you're set!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!