Mixed salad with asparagus and orange (light recipe)
By Mickymat sur son blog « Au jardin des délices »
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 1 small fennel
- Half 1 bunch watercress
- 3 radishes (because I had some leftover in the fridge)
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp hot water
- 4 slices of ham
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
- Take the raw asparagus. Cut into thin strips.
- Break the ends off the asparagus (I didn't peel mine because they were small) and cook them for 8 minutes in a dish in the microwave in well-salted water. Once cooked, plunge them immediately in very cold water to stop the cooking process and keep the vibrant green color.
- Wash watercress. Remove the first couple peels of fennel to have only the tender leaves and cut very thin.
- Cut radishes
- Peel the orange and detach the segments. One half of the orange is enough.
- Use the other half for juice. You should have about 2 tbsp.
- Put the juice into a bowl, add the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper, add oil, then the water, which will bind the dressing. Whisk
Garnish the plates, add the ham (the kind you like) and pour the dressing over the ingredients.
You'll also love
- Eggplant Nuggets 3.6/5 (150 Votes)
- Roasted Root Vegetables 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Margarita 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Duck breast with honey 3.9/5 (65 Votes)
- Side- Tomato & Avocado Salsa 3.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Spicy Asparagus Dip 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Salmon casserole on fennel puree... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Southwestern Grilled Steaks with... 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
Review this recipe