OVEN BAKED FRIES
- Russett potatoes
- 1 - 2 tbsp cooking fat
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Scrub potatoes and cut into thick fries. I like to cut them 1/2 inch thick. Rinse and drain off the excess water.
Melt 1 - 2 tbsp cooking fat (I use leftover chicken fat or bacon fat) and coat the bottom of a 9x11 oven safe pan.
Place the fries in the greased pan and season with salt, pepper & turmeric. Using a spatula, toss the fries around in the pan to coat all sides with the fat and spices.
Place in the preheated oven for 15 mins, remove and turn the fries to prevent sticking. Return to oven to finish cooking.
Remove from oven when done (approx 35-40 mins). The fries will be golden brown on the outside and soft in the middle.
Russet potatoes make the best baked fries. Crunchy outside and tender inside.
For variation, add small pieces of bacon and/or half way through cooking.
You'll also love
- Baked Potato Fries 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Lauki Chana Dal ( Bottle gourd &... 2.7/5 (266 Votes)
- Veggie Meat 2.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Potato Cakes / zemiakové lokae / 3.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Swedish Meatballs 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Rice Krispies Hot Dish 3.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Grilled Yam Delights 2.9/5 (50 Votes)
- Ratatouille 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We can't wait to serve these delicious cheesy bacon cups at our next brunch!