A rat isn't making this amazing flavored cuisine. Yummy fresh veggies! Taste like your in Paris !
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small eggplant, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Spread tomato paste into the bottom of a 10x10-inch baking dish.
Sprinkle with onion and garlic and stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil and water until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and black pepper.
Arrange alternating slices of eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper, starting at the outer edge of the dish and working concentrically towards the center. Overlap the slices a little to display the colors.
Drizzle the vegetables with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with thyme leaves. Cover vegetables with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit inside.
Bake in the preheated oven until vegetables are roasted and tender, about 45 minutes. Serve with dollops of mascarpone cheese.
Serve over brown rice, top with rosemary.
You'll also love
- Cucumber salad with olives and... 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- French Burger 3.5/5 (90 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 3.2/5 (57 Votes)
- Vegan Fish Fillet 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- PC Roasted 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Squid Provencal 3.3/5 (223 Votes)
- Sides- Carrot Achar 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Indian yellow lentils with zucchini 3.2/5 (304 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!