Vegan Fish Fillet
The tofu imitates fish to make a fish sandwich.
- 1 block extra firm Indian tofu, cut into 6 squares
- 1 tbsp mushroom bullion
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 toasted buns
- Vegan Soy Cheese
- Tartar sauce
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 sheets Nori seaweed, powdered
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper
- TARTAR SAUCE
- 1/2 cup Nayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp relish
- 2 tsp onion, minced
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Combine tartar sauce ingredients.
Toss tofu in spices. Combine breading ingredients. Bread tofu.
Deep fry tofu for 5 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
Toast buns. Spread tartar sauce on buns. Layer with lettuce, tomato, soy cheese, and tofu.
You'll also love
- Fish Karahi 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Beer Battered Fish with Vinegar... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Perch fillets 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Pike fillet with apples and walnuts 3.6/5 (122 Votes)
- Heirloom tomato Salsa 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pie 2.9/5 (32 Votes)
- Sides- Carrot Achar 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Vegan Club Sandwich 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!