Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pie
I actually created this by accident by trying to veganize a recipe that didn't work so I add a few things to make the pie set and taste better. This is what I came up with.
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch in 1/2 cup cold coconut milk
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups vegan whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Combine all crust ingredients. Preheat oven 350*F. Press crust into on oiled baking dish. Bake 12-14 minutes until golden.
Bring coconut milk, extracts, and sugar to a boil, simmer 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and boil 10 minutes.
Whip sugar, whipping cream, and vanilla until peaks form.
Pour filling into pie and cool. On cooled pie spread on whipped cream. Refrigerate overnight.
The filling makes a vegan pudding. Switch out the chocolate chips with other chips like peanut butter chips to make a different pudding.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Banana Peanut Pudding Pie 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Fudge Brownie Pie 3.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Soy Milk 3.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Dr Pepper Vegan Bbq Ribs 3.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Butterfinger pie 3.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Brocoli Casserole 3.5/5 (19 Votes)
- PORK BACKRIBS 3.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Muffins 3.2/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!