Cooking with vegan shortening - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!
Top rated Vegan shortening recipes
Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pie
I actually created this by accident by trying to veganize a recipe that didn't work so I add a few things to make t...
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch in 1/2 cup cold coconut milk
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups vegan whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Why fat should be your friend
By Déborah Deprez
Butter, oil and other fats can actually help you lose weight and stay healthy!
Identity Crisis Cake Doughnuts
By gigieatscelebrities, GiGi Eats Celebrities
Wheat, Dairy, Gluten, Sugar, Soy, Nut- Free & Vegan Squash Doughnuts
- 3 Tbs Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbs Ground Flaxseed (+ 1/4 Cup Water)
- 2 Tbs Baking Stevia
- 1/2 Medium White Acorn Squash (Steamed and Chopped)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk
- A Pinch of Cinnamon