Vegan Club Sandwich
This is a wonderful alternative to the meat version. Carnivores won't evenmiss the meat. The sandwich has delicious smoky maple tofu bacon on it.
- 2 blocks tofu, sliced into 6 blocks each
- Sourdough bread
- Tomato, slices
- 6 slices of vegan soy cheddar cheese
- Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp garlic, powder
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp red wine
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp club house hickory bbq spice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup Captin Morgan Rum
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Combine bacon marinade. Pour over 6 sliced blocks of tofu. Refrigerate overnight.
Combine chick'n marinade. Pour over 6 sliced blocks of tofu. Refrigerate overnight.
Fry tofu bacon in its marinade until browned. Fry tofu chick'n in its marinade until browned.
Spread Nayonnaise and Dijon on sourdough bread. Top bread with lettuce, tomato, soy cheese, tofu chick'n, and tofu bacon to make sandwich.
You'll also love
- WHOLE WHEAT & FLAX BREAD for... 4/5 (114 Votes)
- Southwestern Vegan Roasted... 4/5 (18 Votes)
- BANANA MAPLE PUDDING 3.2/5 (59 Votes)
- Honey - Berrie Milkshake 2.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Thai Salad 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- pinata chicken sandwich 3.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Broccoli, Cheese and Potato Soup 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe