Vegetable Fries with Pumpkin Dip
- 1 large baking potato
- 2 parsnips
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- 8 ounces celeriac
- 1 large uncooked beet
- 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces pumpkin seeds
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3-5 scallions chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 large tomatoes skinned seeded and diced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Cut all veggies into julienne strips. Pour oil onto large baking tray and heat at 400F until hot. Scatter veggies over tray, making sure they are all covered in oil. Cook for 20m or until lightly browned and soft on inside. Keep checking and shaking tray while they cook.
Dry-fry seeds in frying pan over moderate heat for 5-10m. Shake the pan and turn them as they pop and turn golden brown. Remove from heat and cool. Grind seeds coarsely in food processor. Add garlic, scallions, cumin, tomatoes, lime juice, tomato paste blend until smooth.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Bread 4.7/5 (72 Votes)
- Peppers stuffed with goat cheese 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- We LOVE this Tuna Casserole recipe! 4.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Chocolate Cup Cakes 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Side- Tartar sauce 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Little peanut butter bites 5/5 (1 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Chocolate Covered Raspberries 4/5 (76 Votes)
- Walnut Crescent Cookies 3.7/5 (101 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.