Chocolate Cup Cakes
Yummy chocolate cupcakes made with cocoa and basic ingredients to bake a cake
- All purpose / maida flour - 1 and 1/3 cups
- sugar - 1 cup
- unsalted butter - 1/2 cup / 8 tbsp (at room temperature)
- Eggs- 2
- cocoa powder- 1/2 cup (I used Hersheys's Natural)
- hot/ boiling water - 1 cup
- baking powder - 2 tea spoons
- vanilla extract- 2 tea spoons
- salt - 1/4 tea spoon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven for 375F.
Grease the cup cake mold or place the paper liners in it.
1.Boil a cup of water and add the cocoa to it, mix well, switch off the flame and let it cool down to room temperature.
2.in a bowl, add flour, salt and baking powder and mix well
3.In another mixing bowl, beat butter till it is frothy.
4.Now mix sugar and mix well.
5. Add eggs and beat them well along with the sugar and butter.
6.Then add the vanilla extract , flour and mix well.
7. Now it will be little tight dough. Then add the chocolate mix to this dough and mix well.
8. Then transfer them to the cup cake liners and fill it only till 3/4 of the cup.
9. Bake it for 15 - 20 minutes (it took 16 minutes for me) in 375F.
10 Insert a tooth pick and check whether it is done or not. If the tooth pick doesn't come out clean, bake for another 5 minutes.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1434 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1118 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (927 Votes)
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (416 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.7/5 (323 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (228 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake 4.6/5 (216 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.9/5 (206 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!