Chocolate Cup Cakes
Yummy chocolate cupcakes made with cocoa and basic ingredients to bake a cake
- All purpose / maida flour - 1 and 1/3 cups
- sugar - 1 cup
- unsalted butter - 1/2 cup / 8 tbsp (at room temperature)
- Eggs- 2
- cocoa powder- 1/2 cup (I used Hersheys's Natural)
- hot/ boiling water - 1 cup
- baking powder - 2 tea spoons
- vanilla extract- 2 tea spoons
- salt - 1/4 tea spoon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven for 375F.
Grease the cup cake mold or place the paper liners in it.
1.Boil a cup of water and add the cocoa to it, mix well, switch off the flame and let it cool down to room temperature.
2.in a bowl, add flour, salt and baking powder and mix well
3.In another mixing bowl, beat butter till it is frothy.
4.Now mix sugar and mix well.
5. Add eggs and beat them well along with the sugar and butter.
6.Then add the vanilla extract , flour and mix well.
7. Now it will be little tight dough. Then add the chocolate mix to this dough and mix well.
8. Then transfer them to the cup cake liners and fill it only till 3/4 of the cup.
9. Bake it for 15 - 20 minutes (it took 16 minutes for me) in 375F.
10 Insert a tooth pick and check whether it is done or not. If the tooth pick doesn't come out clean, bake for another 5 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!