Deep Fried Fingers
French Fries with a Twist
- 3 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- -1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- -1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- -1 Teaspoon Onion Salt
- -1 Teaspoon Seasoning Salt
- -1 Teaspoon Basil
- -1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- -1 Cup Water
- more if needed
- -Oil for frying or a casserole dish if you choose to bake
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
Using a Mandolin Potato slicer or by hand, cut potatoes into the shape of fries. Set potatoes aside in a bowl of cold water to prevent them from browning. Next, mix all ingredients together in a medium sized Tupperware container and gradually add water until you reach a smooth but not to liquidy consistency.Remove cut potatoes from water and pat dry. Add them to the season mixture and tightly put the lid back on the container and vigorously shake for a good minute to evenly coat the potatoes.
Remove and place a couple at a time carefully not to crowd in either 1) a deep fryer set to 350 Degrees for 6-7 minutes ) a medium frying pan filled with about 1 inch of heated up oil until golden brown carefully watching to make sure your oil does not over heat or spill (If your fries turn black your oil is to hot) or 3) a slightly healthier option:Baking in the oven at 350Degrees for bout 45 minutes. (I’d watch more carefully after 30 minutes as everyone’s oven is slightly different)
To make the zesty dipping sauce you will need:
-1/2 cup mayonnaise
-1 Tablespoon Horseradish sauce
-2 teaspoon white vinegar
-1 teaspoon water
-1 teaspoon paprika
-1 teaspoon ketchup
-¼ teaspoon black pepper
-1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
-1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-dash garlic powder
-dash onion salt
Then you combine all ingredients, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
You'll also love
- Vazhaikkai Puttu 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Crunch 3.9/5 (31 Votes)
- Tagine of lamb chops with... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Light Zucchini Gratin 3.7/5 (108 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes with Meatballs 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Thai Green Curry 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- VEAL PARMIGIANA 4/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!