Kitchen HACK: How to Cook Potatoes Faster
Tired of waiting for potatoes to cook? Here’s a technique you’ve never thought of before.
Potatoes are a cheap and nutritious addition to every meal. They're very versatile and easy to cook. The problem? Sometimes they just take too long to boil.
There's a simpler way to get your potates to cook faster. All it takes is a peeler, a knife, and a cutting board.
The HACK: peel and slice your potatoes into quarters BEFORE you boil them. This will allow your potatoes to cook in just a fraction of the time it normally takes.
Why it Works
The more exposed surface area, the faster the food will cook.
Want to learn more? Check out our life-saving tips here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!