Potato Refrigerator Rolls
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 cup hot mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 5-6 cups flower
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Combine milk, potato, margarine, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl; let stand till lukewarm then add yeast mixture; add eggs.
Add 1 1/2 cups flours and beat well. Cover and let stand 45 minutes or until it bubbles.
Stir in 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cups flour. Form into bread shaped rolls and rise again. The rolls should weigh about 2 oz to 2 1/2 oz.
Bake at 350 degrees 15-20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Banana Bread 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Eggplant stew 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Macaroni 'N Cheese Casserole 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Healthy French Toast 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Golden Fried Oysters 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Cornflake chicken 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Simple Chicken and Dumplings 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Healthy Yogurt Potato Salad 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!