Golden Fried Oysters
A very simple and easy to follow recipe for enjoying cooked oysters, deep fried Southern style!
- 1 package of Zatarain's Fish fry
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of milk
- Dozen fresh or jarred oysters
- 2 cups flour or corn meal
- McCormick's Season All
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
First shuck fresh oysters or carefully rinse jarred oysters making sure to feel for shell pieces. In a bowl beat 2 cups of milk and 1 egg until well mixed. Then add two tbsp of Old Bay Seasonings and mix well. In a separate bowl pour half a box of Zatarain's Fish Fry and 2 cups of flour or corn meal, mix together and set aside. Next lightly season oysters with McCormick's Season All or salt and pepper.
Dip oysters into milk/egg mixture making sure pieces are thoroughly coated. Then with a fork transfer oysters to the Zatarains mixture and even coat oysters.
Next heat your favorite cooking in a medium sized skillet on medium heat half way full. Once hot add oysters to hot oil. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden brown and turn on opposite side. Allow to cook another 2 minutes or until golden brown. Allow cooked oysters to drain excess oil on a paper towel. Allow a few minutes to cool. Serve with tartar or cocktail sauce.
Make sure not to keep heat at medium to avoid burn oysters.
Always check oysters to make sure they OK to eat by visually inspecting and smelling them.
You'll also love
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (928 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (363 Votes)
- Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding... 5/5 (104 Votes)
- Microwave Baked Apples in a Bag 3.6/5 (214 Votes)
- Salmon steaks with cream leeks 4.7/5 (98 Votes)
- Breton Artichoke 3.3/5 (190 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Recipe for bacon-wrapped,... 3.6/5 (136 Votes)
- Southern Style Strawberry Coconut... 3.4/5 (111 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Shrimp (already cooked)
Slice pepper and place slices in the toaster
Mix Tzatzíki and shrimp
Spread the mix onto the toasted pepper