Deep fried dough from Puerto Rico, served with black beans!
Puerto Rican fried dough domplines. Discover our recipe.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 onion
- garlic powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to season
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
Add the water to the flour mixture, blending until you have a dough. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes in a bowl covered with plastic wrap.
Divide the dough into 16 small round balls. Flatten them with a rolling pin or shape them into whatever form you like.
Drop them into a deep fryer with very hot oil. Fry for about 1 minute. Dust with salt when they're still hot.
While the dough is frying, in a small saucepan fry the onion, add the black beans, garlic powder and a bit of water. Cook for 10 minutes.
Serve the domplines with the black bean sauce on the side.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.2/5 (236 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.3/5 (176 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn House Special; Beignets 4.4/5 (143 Votes)
- Breadsticks with Parsley Pesto... 2.9/5 (283 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (141 Votes)
- Eggplant caviar 3.4/5 (231 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Silly Salt 4.2/5 (136 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3/5 (219 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!