- Veal cutlets
- Eggs beaten
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Lard or chicken fat for frying
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Dip each veal cutlet in milk and then coat each one in flour.
Dip each cutlet (coat both sides) in the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs ensuring they are well coated.
Fry the cutlets for 3-4 minutes on each side until nicely browned and lower heat to simmer.
Spoon some warmed spaghetti sauce onto each cutlet and then add some sliced or grated mozzarella cheese. Cover the pan with a lid for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
This goes great with garlic bread and caesar salad, spinach or asparagus on the side.
Alternatively, you can make the same dish with pork cutlets or boneless/skinless chicken breasts.
TIME SAVER: As pictured I bread multiple cutlets at once and freeze them between layers of parchment paper. Now you can quickly take them out of the freezer, thaw them in the microwave and have supper ready in a jiffy!
You'll also love
- Dannielle's Lasagna Roll-Ups 4/5 (19 Votes)
- The Best Tex Mex Chicken Enchiladas 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Hot Clam Dip 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Zucchini Lasagna 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Cakes 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.