50 Genius Ways To Cook With Cherries
From cherry brownies to chocolate-covered cherries and everything in between, here are 50 recipes to make the most of these beauties!
© Baking A Moment
Chocolate cherry galette
Inspired by the classic French recipe, this chocolate cherry galette is a rustic cross between a pie and a tart. Covered with sliced almonds for extra crunch and sprinkled with powdered sugar, this galette is perfect to eat any time of the day.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!