50 Genius Ways To Cook With Cherries
From cherry brownies to chocolate-covered cherries and everything in between, here are 50 recipes to make the most of these beauties!
1/50 View slideshow
© Baking A Moment
Chocolate cherry galette
Inspired by the classic French recipe, this chocolate cherry galette is a rustic cross between a pie and a tart. Covered with sliced almonds for extra crunch and sprinkled with powdered sugar, this galette is perfect to eat any time of the day.
More steaming articles
10 foods for a brighter smile 8 hacks to save water when you're... The 10 best fruits for your figure
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Comment on this article