- 1 spaghetti squash
- (3 lb/1.5 kg)1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheeseHerb Butter:3 tbsp (45 mL) butter1 large clove garlic
- minced1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh sage or fresh basil or fresh parsley1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Halve and seed squash. Place, cut side down, on lightly greased baking sheet; bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for about 1 hour or until flesh is easily pierced. (Alternatively, microwave, flesh side up and covered with plastic wrap, at High for 15 minutes or until easily pierced.) Using fork, gently scrape cooked strands from squash; transfer to large bowl.
Herb Butter: Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; add garlic and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes or until garlic starts to turn golden. Remove from heat; stir in sage and pepper. Pour over squash; add cheese and toss.
You'll also love
- Pea Ridge Caviar 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Feel-Better Chicken Noodle Soup 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet Chilli Turkey Bacon Wrapped... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Cole Slaw 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Baked Beans 4/5 (18 Votes)
- The Best Tex Mex Chicken Enchiladas 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole 4/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!