*GF Corn Casserole
I tried this recipe for the first time in 1995. I ate Thanksgiving with Wayne at his Uncle Glens and Aunty Sues. This was Susans specialty and had been a holiday favorite in their family for years. The original recipe called for saltine crackers and lots of eggs. So I tweaked it a bit in order to make it Wheat Free and Egg Free. It is definitely not the same as Aunty Sues but this is a great alternative
- 1 lb Maple Sausage
- 6 cans Sweet Cream Corn
- Egg Replacer equivalent to 6 Eggs
- 1/2 bag plain Lays Chips
- 1 to 3 TBL Chicken Bullion powder
- Salt n Pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Brown Sausage making sure it is done and crumbly then drain grease. Meanwhile in your baking dish add all 6 cans of corn and all the sausage.
Mix Egg Replacer to equall 6 eggs and add it to the corn mixture. Then crush the Lays chips into crumbs
Add some Chicken Bullion, Salt and Pepper. Mix together then add the crushed chips. mix together and cover.
bake at 350' for about 45 minutes ,take it out and remove cover then mix casserole scraping the edges and bottom then bake again for like 20 minutes or until desired crispyness
Let cool a bit before serving. This can be frozen and reheats with no problems.
You'll also love
- Corn Casserole 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Baked Pasta Casserole 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Sausage Gravy 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Gluten Free Shrimp 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Dave's Shepherds Pie 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Donna Phillip's Sausage and Rice... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Sweet Potatoes 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.