Sweet Potato Pecan Bake
Sweet, spicy, and crunchy.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (1 tsp and 1/2 tsp)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger (1 tsp and 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 tbs butter (2 tbs and 4 tbs)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Mix 1/4 cup brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla, 1/2 tsp each cinnamon, and ginger, and salt in a large bowl. Add sweet potatoes and toss to coat. Pour into 9x13 dish and dot with 2 tbs butter. Cover with foil and bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp each cinnamon and ginger. Cut in 4 tbs butter with fork until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Remove potatoes from oven and stir. Top with pecan mix. Bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender and topping is lightly browned.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!