- Spaghetti squash
- Sweet peppers
- Garlic clove chopped
- Tomato chopped
- Marjoram & Thyme (alternatively use basis
- fresh is best)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Optional: (Red wine) or (balsamic vinegar & 1tsp sugar)
- Optional: Chicken broth
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Wash the spaghetti squash and cut it in half lengthwise.
Scoop out all the seeds and discard them.
Place in a microwave safe dish, cut side down with a small amount of water (not too much). Cover with saran wrap and microwave until soft.
IN THE MEANTIME:
Saute onions, peppers (cut the same size as the onions) and toward the end of cooking add the garlic and tomato.
Toss in some oregano, marjoram & thyme or just use basis alone (fresh if possible).
If you want this sauce a little juicier, add a little bit of chicken broth. Another optional addition is a splash of red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar balanced off with a tsp of sugar.
When the squash is done, scrape it out of the shell with a fork. Add the sauce and sprinkle with a generous amount of parmesan cheese. (Thanks for the recipe Dorie.)
You'll also love
- Monaharam (A sweet snack) 4/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken with Mushroom Sauce 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Stuffer Pepper Soup 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Potato Pancakes 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pecan Bake 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple Crisp 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Sweet Red Pepper Chili with Beans 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Southwestern Hot and Spicy Roasted... 4/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!