- Spaghetti squash
- Sweet peppers
- Garlic clove chopped
- Tomato chopped
- Oregano, Marjoram & Thyme (alternatively use basis, fresh is best)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Optional: (Red wine) or (balsamic vinegar & 1tsp sugar)
- Optional: Chicken broth
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Wash the spaghetti squash and cut it in half lengthwise.
Scoop out all the seeds and discard them.
Place in a microwave safe dish, cut side down with a small amount of water (not too much). Cover with saran wrap and microwave until soft.
IN THE MEANTIME:
Saute onions, peppers (cut the same size as the onions) and toward the end of cooking add the garlic and tomato.
Toss in some oregano, marjoram & thyme or just use basis alone (fresh if possible).
If you want this sauce a little juicier, add a little bit of chicken broth. Another optional addition is a splash of red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar balanced off with a tsp of sugar.
When the squash is done, scrape it out of the shell with a fork. Add the sauce and sprinkle with a generous amount of parmesan cheese. (Thanks for the recipe Dorie.)
You'll also love
- Black eyed pea fritters 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Parmesan Crusted Baked Potatoes 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Peanut Chicken 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Bobo de camarao 3.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Pasta Fagioli 3.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Natural Juice French Apple Pie 3.3/5 (221 Votes)
- Peppers Stuffed with Feta Cheese 3.5/5 (74 Votes)
- Freezer Friendly Skinny Breakfast... 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!