Natural Juice French Apple Pie
Apple pie cooked in the pie shell no pre cook. Add raisins and a vanilla frosting to complete
- Use a variety of Apples
- Golden delicious
- Black Twig
- Stayman Winesap. For regular size approx. 10 apples Deep dish Approx. 15. You will need :
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- OR buy ready made pie crust
- 2/3 cup margerine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2tbl cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 4tbl cornstarch
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
Cost Average budget
Peel and core desired amount of apples. Slice about a 1/2 inch thickness.
In food processor Put margarine, flour, and salt. Pulse to mix. When it looks like powdered peas add one tsp water and complete the mixing. Lay between 2 layers of wax paper and roll out. place in pie pan. Repeat process for top crust
Arrange sliced apples in bottom of crust. Add a few raisins. and continue layering, apples and raisins. You want the Apples to stack slightly higher than the pan as these will cook down
Mix sugar, cinnamon, Nutmeg and corn starch together. When well mixed sprinkle entire top of Apples with all the mixture. Then add 2/3 cup margarine placed in Square plus center pattern.
Add top crust. Crimp edges. Cut off excess. Cut three slits in top for steam vent. At holidays I use a cookie cutter to cut the steam vent. Turkey at thanksgiving a star at Christmas. Place in oven with a catch pan underneath and back at 375 foe 70 minutes
Before pie comes out mix powdered sugar vanilla and just enough milk to make a thick paste. When pie comes out , drizzle this over the top the heat from the pie will help it cover the whole top
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Bread 4.7/5 (72 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate... 4.1/5 (120 Votes)
- Tomato Tart 4.8/5 (55 Votes)
- Petite Strawberry Tarts 3.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Baby Food: Apple and Oat Puree 4.8/5 (50 Votes)
- mushroom and nettle tart 4.8/5 (73 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.2/5 (97 Votes)
- Vegetable Puree 3.1/5 (207 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.