Amy Penwell's Fruit tart
- 1 and 1/4 cup flour
- 6 tablespoon sweet butter cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons cold shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon sweet butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup ground blanched almond
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups sliced strawberries and 2 cups raspberries
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Blend all ingredients until it resembles meal. Add 2 tablespoons ice water and toss until it forms a dough.
Form into a ball, dust with flour and chill at least 1 hour.
Roll out to 1/8 inch thickness and put in a 11 by 8 inch pan.
Prebake, covered with foil at 375 degrees for 10 minutes and let cool.
Cream butter and sugar, then beat in remaining ingredients.
Spread evenly on shell and bake 20 to 25 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden.
Decorate top with 2 cups sliced strawberries and 2 cups raspberries. Melt 1/4 cup raspberry jam and brush over fruit.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Almond Joy Ice Cream 4.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Kiwi, Apricot, and Yellow Peach... 4.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb with a Hint of... 4.1/5 (158 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This is the king of fruit tarts... and it's stunningly easy to make!
- Roll out your puff pastry, and place M&Ms on top.
- Cover with another puff pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350° F.
- Add: mango, blackberries, raspberries, kiwi, grapes, and strawberries.
- Glaze with apricot jelly.