Freezer Friendly Skinny Breakfast Burritos
Rise and shine! Here is my healthy recipe for Freezer Friendly Skinny Breakfast burritos! You can make ahead and if you are on the go just pop one out of the freezer and there you have a quick , but healthy breakfast!
- 24 large eggs ( about 2 dozen)
- 2 large Bell peppers ( I use red for a sweeter flavor)
- 1 large white onion
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Cheddar Cheese ( I use light pre shredded chedder or for a kick use pepper jack!)
- Low Sodium Turkey Bacon
- 1 package 16 ounce mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste ( I use low sodium salt for a healthier option)
- 1 package tortillas
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1. Remove seeds and ribs from peppers and cut lengthwise into strips. Slice onion into thin slices..
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers,mushrooms and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until
peppers and mushrooms are just tender, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Crack your eggs in a large bowl and firmly whisk together with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Cook all eggs slowly until completely scrambled.
4. Cook on a skillet the turkey bacon, drain grease and let cool. Crumble in pieces.
5. Start filling all your tortillas. It's easiest to measure out all the eggs first then go ahead with the toppings.
Roll your burritos ( see the diagram below) in aluminum foil and store in the freezer in a tight Ziploc bag. Best to microwave the frozen burrito in the parchment paper for approximately 1 minute, ( this is so important don't put aluminum foil in the microwave or you will have the fourth of july blazing in the microwave oven! ) 20 seconds on the high setting. enjoy!
Here is how you properly fold a burrito!
You'll also love
- Mom's Creamy Light Risotto 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Breakfast Omelet Muffins 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Grandma Barbie's Gingerbread... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- MY BREAKFAST BURRITO 4/5 (33 Votes)
- Spaghetti pie (freezer recipe) 3.1/5 (57 Votes)
- Banana nut bread 3.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Biscuit Casserole 2.7/5 (14 Votes)
- CHEESY GARLIC BISCUITS 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?