Spaghetti pie (freezer recipe)
This recipe makes THREE square pans. Cover and freeze 2 pans for later.
- 1 onion
- 1 box spaghetti
- 1 lb. mozzarella
- 1 lb. Italian sausage removed from casing
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (doctored up with spices and 1 t. sugar)
- 5 eggs
- 4 T. butter
- 1 c. parmesan cheese
- 3 - 4 cups Ricotta cheees
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook spaghetti noodles. Drain and then stir in butter, parmesan cheese and eggs. Divide pasta mixture between the 3 pans.
Brown loose Italian sausage and onions, then drain fat.
Add meat and onions to spaghetti sauce.
Spread ricotta cheese evenly over spaghetti base in pans. Top with spaghetti sauce/ meat mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
Cover 2 pans with saran wrap and then with foil. Include directions for later cooking. ** Thaw pie. Remove plastic wrap and re-cover with foil. Bake, covered for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove foil and bake another 5 minutes more until cheese is lightly browned.
For pie that isn't frozen, bake covered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.
You'll also love
- Calzones from Scratch 3.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon Basil Chicken 3.6/5 (19 Votes)
- BAKED HADDOCK 3/5 (25 Votes)
- Stuffed Meatballs n Sauce 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Sour Cream Sweet Potato Pie 2.3/5 (121 Votes)
- Potato Red Onion Tortilla Pie 3/5 (23 Votes)
- Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole 3.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Arroz con salchichas 3.1/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!